Official King Arthur Knight's Tale Wiki Guide: Classes, Heroes, Skills, Magic Camelot, Enemies, and more! Full King Arthur Knights Tale Builds and Guides on Weapons, Armor, Items, Enemies, and Walkthrough.
Locations ♦ Camelot ♦ Maps ♦ Missions ♦ Challenges ♦ Events ♦ Enemies ♦ Bosses ♦ NPCs ♦ Merchant ♦ Lore
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Wiki Guide
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Wiki Guide is a compendium of guides for King Arthur: Knight's Tale that includes information regarding Heroes, Skills, Weapons, Armour, Trinkets, Camelot, and relevant information on Bosses, Locations, Builds, and more. Players can find guides on how to begin the game as a new player, how to obtain specific Items, Combat mechanics and features that you can expect to find in King Arthur: Knight's Tale. This game was both Developed and Published by NeocoreGames, who takes the classic story of Arthur and crafts a darker world full of fantasy, conflict and dark fantastical creatures. Players can now experience the tale in a new Turn-Based Tactical RPG and explore their version of Avalon and find out the becomings of King Arthur.
About King Arthur: Knight's Tale
King Arthur: Knight's Tale is unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs. Knight's Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through the dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry.
Experience diverse battle maps where you can control the battleground, learn about your enemies, and choose from more than 30 heroes from 5 diverse Classes that you can issue commands to. The Heroes that are a part of the Round Table features a complex system of character progression and each has a distinct personality that may or may not question their loyalty to you. In a Knight's Tale, you and your comrades will explore a land that is full of nightmares as you try to uncover a terrible force in Avalon and rebuild Camelot for those who are in dire need.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Release
King Arthur: Knight's Tale is now available on PC via Steam. The game was released on April 26, 2022. However, it will also become available for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X at around late 2022 or early 2023.
- Official Release Date: April 26, 2022. (PC via Steam)
- Early Access Release Date: January 26, 2020. (PC via Steam)
- Release Date for Consoles: TBA (Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X)
Minimum PC Specs:
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 39 GB available space
Recommended PC Specs:
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 39 GB available space
King Arthur: Knights Tale Updates
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Summer Fixes and Patch Notes
On July 25, 2022, a new patch for King Arthur: Knight's Tale rolled out further adding Quality of Life improvements, bug fixes, and modifications have been added to address a few balance issues found in the game. Along with this update, Controller adaptability and configurations have also been fixed. On August 2nd, a smaller Hot fix rolled out, introducing v1.2.3 which fixed any additional found bugs. Details of each updated feature can be found on the Patch Notes page.
- Quality of Life
- Bug Fixes: Fixed Skills, Misc, Controller
King Arthur: Knight's Tale The Chained God Free Seasonal Update
The Chained God DLC for King Arthur: Knight's Tale update was released on June 23, 2022. Other than a few new main features, New Characters, Locations, Enemies, and Missions were introduced alongside of this update. A few new main features have been added as well.
- Revamped Endgame: Endgame will be reworked in the future patch, and will function similarly to Seasons in other games. The Fomorians are the new enemy faction for The Chained God's season DLC. Endgame will feature a lot of maps, with 12 of them pitting players against the season's primary antagonists. The seasonal currency will be available to swap for rewards and enchants.
- Bug and Balance Fixes: Bugs and balance issues that were reported by players are also being addressed. This shall give players fewer difficulty spikes in the campaign no matter what difficulty.
- Mystery Guest: Finally, expect a surprise guest appearance with this update, who has been teased as someone players may recognize. The Steam version of the patch will be available on June 23rd.
Everything We Know About King Arthur: Knight's Tale
What is King Arthur: Knight's Tale
King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a Turn-based Tactical RPG by NeocoreGames inspired by the famous King Arthur stories and the Knights of the Round Table. NeocoreGames is a Hungarian indie studio. They offer a new immersive experience to retell the tale.
- Role-Playing Tactical Game: King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a Role-playing Tactical Game - a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs.
- Morality in an immoral world: The story campaign puts a huge emphasis on moral choices, which have significant consequences in a rogue-lite structure, adding extra tension to the tactical and management decisions.
- Classic myths reborn: Knight's Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through the dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry.
- Familiar faces across the Round Table: King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a Role-playing Tactical Game - a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs.
How King Arthur: Knight's Tale Started
King Arthur: Knight's Tale started as a campaign by Kickstarter to help the game be developed and be released by 2021. Arthurian legend has been a great source of content for different creators looking to make content, and NeocoreGames is one of the many who chose Arthurian Legend as their inspiration for the game that's being developed. A total of 3,713 backers pledged £155,885 to help bring the King Arthur: Knight's Tale project to life.
There were unexpected delays that occurred during the development of King Arthur: Knight's Tale, but the developers were able to release the full game via Steam on April 26 of 2022, delivering it to its backers who pledged to help bring the game to life. Its console versions, on the other hand, are still being developed and will hopefully be released by the end of 2022 or early 2023. NeocoreGames plans to release it to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S and X.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Features
Play as Sir Mordred, the known nemesis of King Arthur. Reclaim Avalon from the mystical nightmares that have taken over the lands and recruit loyal Heroes on your journey to aid with decision making and to send out on Missions across new Locations. Through your journey find out what happened to King Arthur after his death, and what he came to be. Follow his steps with your Heroes until you reach his final location, take down Brigands and Armies of the dead along the way and rescue civilians from surrounding villages. Restore Camelot and Avalon from the ruins it turned into.
- Heroes of the Round Table: Journey to the different locations, meeting and recruiting potential allies whose personalities will affect the existing members of the Round Table. Establish your loyalties and keep your Heroes healthy and loyal to you.
- Morality System: Unlock additional features and scenarios by recruiting new Heroes and make choices that affect your Morality.
- Weighted Decisions: Throughout the game, players will be faced with a number of decisions that will have consequences which can further affect your relationships of your loyal Heroes at the Round Table or the State of the Kingdom.
- Camelot: Your duty is to rebuild, protect and make decisions for the Kingdom of Camelot, growing your loyalties, and deciding the fates of your people and Heroes that put their trust in your.
The Story & Setting for King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Kill King Arthur – or whatever he has become
King Arthur: Knight's Tale takes place in a Medieval old era of knights and Castles in the middle of Avalon. After the Battle of Camlann, Camelot now lays in ruin and must be slowly rebuilt. Avalon must be reclaimed from a land of nightmares where it has been overwhelmed by vile monsters and magical creatures that linger around forests and castles.
You are Sir Mordred, the nemesis of King Arthur, the former black knight of the grim tales. You killed King Arthur, but with his dying breath, he struck you down. You both died – and yet, you both live.
The Lady of the Lake, the ruler of the mystical island of Avalon brought you back to end a true nightmare. She wants you to go on a knightly quest. She wants you to finish what you have begun. Kill King Arthur – or whatever he has become after she took his dying vessel to Avalon.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale retells a classic old story with a Modern Dark Fantasy twist. Unlike most literature where King Arthur plays the main Hero role of the story, here King Arthur does not play the protagonist of this story. The story very much focuses on the conflict around King Arthur now known as the Mad King-- this time as the main antagonist, but also centers around Sir Mordred, one of the greatest knights of the Round Table and a known nemesis of King Arthur. Since their deaths, King Arthur became something else made from nightmares and now must be stopped by Sir Mordred who has been resurrected by the Lady of the Lake to face him.
The Introduction of the game starts with the initial release of the cinematic trailer. The story is told from the voice of the Lady of the Lake that recalls the Battle of Camlann where Sir Mordred Faced King Arthur in a savage duel, both receiving a fatal blow. However, even after their fall, their fate is still intertwined here in the otherworldly island of Avalon. Sir Mordred must now take action, recruiting Heroes from different locations while embarking on various quests. Form a loyal Round Table of Knights and make decisions to keep them loyal and happy while maintaining a moral standing that can be respected by the members of the Round Table and the Kingdom. Gain and maintain the loyalty of both your Heroes and the people of Camelot.
Familiar characters from the classic tale of Arthur will make an appearance in the game each with their own retold stories that incorporate the dark twisted background of King Arthur: Knight's Tale. Big names such as Sir Lancelot and Sir Kay can be encountered and will have their own unique depictions in the story along with the famous Lady of the Lake who will remain as an enchantress in the story keeping her ability to raise people from the dead, a focal aspect of the story, and the reason Sir Modred lives to complete the mission.
"The Lady of the Lake has brought back King Arthur's nemesis, Sir Mordred. Was it the right choice for her to do so? Or will the nightmare and chaos begin to engulf the mystical land of Avalon?"
Unique Combat and Mechanics King Arthur: Knight's Tale
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Gameplay
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a Role-playing Tactical Game - a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games (like X-Com) and traditional, character-centric RPGs. Knight's Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through the dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry. The story campaign puts a huge emphasis on moral choices, which have significant consequences in a rogue-lite structure, adding extra tension to the tactical and management decisions.
- Your Fights: Control a small team of heroes and fight grueling, but satisfying battles with a deeply engaging, tactical turn-based combat system.
- Your Heroes: No one can face the nightmare alone - gather an army of loyal knights, settle disputes, and forge your own path.
- Your Kingdom: Forge your kingdom with steel and faith - restore the order and bring an end to the nightmare unleashed in Avalon.
- Your Legend: Whatever you do, you will shape your legend, but all your choices will have severe consequences.
- Beyond the Legend: Witness the Arthurian legend like you never have before - rich in content and presented with the highest graphical fidelity to date.
What are some Starting Tips for King Arthur: Knight's Tale?
Explore each area you encounter
- As you unlock new Locations, thoroughly exploring each area or dungeon you encounter can have a lot of benefits for your progress. Once you explore an area or dungeon in King Arthur: Knight's Tale, you might encounter numerous items that can give your team a buff or be beneficial to you in combat. You can also encounter different routes in the area where you can engage your enemies from their backs. Dealing backstab damage gives a lot more than normal attacks. Lastly, exploring more will eventually lead you to hidden NPCs that will be beneficial to you as well.
Pick one Elemental Level-up for each Hero
- It's worth knowing that you'll be encountering enemies who is fully resistant to a specific element. So having a team with different elemental abilities is a very smart choice in countering enemies with immunity to a specific element. One of the pros as well for leveling one specific element per hero is that the hero will be very effective around that element when it comes to powerful enemies whose weakness is that element. So, if you have a Vanguard Hero with powerful fire-based attacks and stats, you're most likely guaranteed victory against enemies who are weak against the fire element.
Immediately save for high-end equipment
- In King Arthur: Knight's Tale, the most powerful Weapons, abilities, decrees, and weapons are not going to be cheap. So if you can, immediately start saving up for the powerful equipment. Don't waste your resources on unnecessary upgrades. Once you save up, you can get the best high-end materials by purchasing it at the Merchant Tower and The Round Table section. This is connected to the first tip which is exploring each area you encounter. Exploring every corner will make sure that you're not leaving any gold or valuable resources behind.
Construct buildings as soon as you can
- Constructing resourceful buildings in King Arthur: Knight's Tale will build your fortress profoundly as a whole. This can help your journey ahead in numerous ways.
- The Cathedral will be your main source for healing your fallen heroes. Most of the time during the storyline, you'll be using this building for your heroes.
- The Merchant tower will serve as your supplier for the equipment of your heroes to make them more powerful. You'll be needing gold to buy wares in the merchant building.
- The Enchanted tower will serve as your Arcanist's main building. You can use this building to learn magical arts and consume magical items to reap the benefits.
- Lastly, the Hospice. This will serve as the main resting building of your heroes to replenish their health for the next coming journey.
Recruit as many Allies as possible
- In King Arthur: Knight's Tale, building the best team of Heroes is what it's all about. Having multiple heroes on your team will not only boost your workforce, but it will give you multiple options when your main heroes are resting or are downed. You can check the Morality Chart and see how you can recruit allies throughout your journey. The types of allies you can recruit will really depend on your morality. Leaning towards Rightful Morality will have allies like Sir Lancelot joining your tea, While leaning towards a tyrant morality will have allies like the Black knight joining you. But, whichever you choose, make sure to recruit allies and ensure you have enough slots to take them in.
Have Potions Ready before Embarking on a Mission
- It is important to ensure that every Knight in your team is stocked with a health potion before embarking on a mission. Potions do not automatically replenish after being used by a knight. It’s important that every knight in your team is at least equipped with one because applying potions from one knight to the other is not an option within King Arthur: Knight’s Tale.
Utilize your Minimap to Assess foes
- It’s important to always utilize your Minimap when entering areas and dungeons to quickly assess what type of enemies you will encounter. Ranged foes would normally appear as circles on your minimap, Melee foes would appear as circles, and spell caster would appear as triangles. Utilizing your minimap will also let you spot enemies that blend in the environment which makes them hard to spot quickly.
Keep your Team close together
- It’s important to take note that if one of your heroes or knights are separated from the group, the hero will most likely get surrounded and downed. So it’s always better to have your team close together with melee knights on the front and ranged units behind them. It’s almost guaranteed that your team will be outnumbered by enemy groups, so having them stick together will be the viable option.
Camelot King Arthur: Knight's Tale
As the story begins, Camelot was left off in a state of ruin. It is up to Sir Mordred to restore the Kingdom, lift morale and gain the loyalty of the people once more. Camelot also acts as the main hub of the game and can be accessed from the Map. As you progress in the game and gain more Gold and Building Resources from Missions and Events, you can build new buildings within Camelot which will serve to benefit your Heroes and will unlock additional features. Unlocking these buildings will allow you to able to expand your Hero slots, heal any injured Heroes, gain access to better quality items and other additional benefits. As you construct these buildings, additional upgrades may also be added to enhance or add new features that can benefit you and your Heroes. One of the Main Building you will find in Camelot is the Round Table where you can pass Laws and Decrees which are directly affected by your Morality standing, so it is important to find a good balance or choose a side that you feel will reap greater benefits.
What are Choices in King Arthur: Knight's Tale?
You can choose from a variety of choices in King Arthur: Knight's Tale that have an effect on the game. Each of these choices that you select during dialogues throughout the game can either give you progress, consequences, or both. These leads to new Events that may also require additional decision making and may further affect your relations with the people of Camelot and the Heroes at the Round Table.
There are choices in almost every dialogue in King Arthur: Knight's Tale. Most of the choices are mostly used for the story. A chat with a character finishes when you have learned about their history and position in the world. These exchanges are shown in the dialogue as white text. Other options, those highlighted in yellow, typically put a stop to the debate or lead it in a specific direction. Most of the time, these decisions don't really have any consequences or huge impact for your progress.
Heroes of King Arthur: Knight's Tale
There are over 30 Heroes of different Classes. These heroes are recruitable and later become playable characters that players can take on various Missions. Gaining loyalty from new members that are sometimes encountered during missions will affect the dynamics of the Round Table and may even open up opportunities to trek on additional missions. These Heroes must be heard and cared for in order to maintain their loyalty and capability to fight alongside you. Loyalty will act as one of the main features that must be paid attention to in order to keep the peace at the Round table and the Kingdom. This will also affect the available decisions that are encountered in game which will also adjust where your morality is positioned.
Heroes are your main resources – but no mere numbers! They have their own distinct personalities, goals, rivalries (even unique traits, skills, and bond benefits). They will observe your decisions closely! Settle disputes, grant favours, select heroes who can work together, and send them on missions they are comfortable with. Tread carefully, because their loyalty depends on many factors. They can even leave and turn against you!
Some Hero features can be found below.
- Complex RPG-like Characters - The character progression system is designed to be as deep as in the traditional RPGs: heroes level upon unique skill trees and the complex loot system provides unique options to fine-tune their tactical capabilities.
- Death is Always Final - Beware! Heroes can die during missions and the treatment of their injuries, curses, and diseases takes time. You must manage them at the Round Table accordingly, planning ahead before going into battles. As heroes take time off between consequent missions, management of their injuries and selecting their substitutes are essential components of gameplay.
- A Question of Loyalty - Each hero has a distinctive personality. Settle disputes and grant favors to convince various knights to remain loyal to you. Some of them will observe your decisions closely, and some knights will even have conflicts with each other. It is your job to select heroes that are the best fit for your goals (and each other) at the Round Table. The hero's loyalty is constantly changing through the decisions made by the player – in certain cases, they can never leave the Round Table and turn against you.
Sir Mordred King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Sir Mordred will act as the Main Protagonist in the game. Sir Mordred was the nemesis of King Arthur, destined to battle the Once and Future King in their final duel. He fulfilled his destiny and they both died – or didn’t they?
The main story begins with the Lady of the Lake. She has brought Sir Mordred back from the fate of his duel to send him on a mission. He belongs in the Defender Class and is the starting character as well as the main character who is central to the premise of King Arthur Knights Tale. With his second chance at life, Sir Mordred's Main Mission is to recruit heroes to strengthen the Round Table and watch Camelot flourish while searching for clues to locate and find out what has happened to King Arthur. Once he has been located, he must then finish the job.
"I am Mordred and I was reborn on the mystical island of Avallon, the resting place of the falling knights. A vision told me my purpose: to find and destroy King Arthur.
I woke up in a ruined caslte, a reflection of the real Camelot. This is my castle now. I am still trying to understand the nature of the powers that brought me here, but meanwhile I have a new realm to build and an old enemy to kill"
Classes in King Arthur: Knight's Tale
There is a total of 6 classes among 30+ heroes that you can choose from in King Arthur: Knight's Tale. You can assemble a good team with a good mix of different classes, while also combining hundred of skills and artifacts within the game. Here is the list of classes that are currently in King Arthur Knight's Tale:
- Two-handed melee specialist that has high Armour and high damage.
- Sword and Shield Knight that specializes in tanking enemies and staying alive while dealing modest damage in melee.
- Marksman attack from range with a Bow, dealing good damage but are easily killed and are ineffective at melee range.
- Stealthy soldiers specializing in melee burst damage and trap deployment. Equipped with modest armor.
- Arcanists cast spells at range, dealing damage and debuffing enemies, though they are rather squishy.
- Sages utilize frost-based magic and excel at providing utility for their team, be it some extra armor and HP, or straight up changing the look of the battlefield with impenetrable ice walls.
What are Aspirant Slots in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale?
Aspirant slots is like a waiting area for heroes that you unlocked but are currently inactive. When your current roster is full, you can assign your new unlocked heroes to the aspirant slots as like a waiting area. The only downside is that you can move aspirant slots to your active free slots but not the other way around, you can either dismiss a hero on your active list, or let them die.
Loyalty in King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Loyalty in King Arthur: Knight's Tale measures your good standing and relationships with your Heroes and Knights of the Round Table. A declining loyalty meter must be dealt with in order to avoid losing a valuable member of the Round Table. This may be difficult in some situations where Knights have opposing beliefs and morals. With this in mind, you will be forced to make decisions in an attempt to balance the Knight's satisfaction and Loyalty. One easy method to increase Loyalty is by gifting your knights some artifacts depending on their interests and personalities.
- Determining Factors - Loyalty is affected by your decisions to grant favors, spare punishment, choose sides and initiate battles. Each Hero will have a different Loyalty standing depending on the choices that are made. Each hero also has their own sets of personalities that will determine how they react to your decisions, so the results will vary from each hero.
- Stats - Loyalty points can affect combat and effectiveness in battle by directly increasing or decreasing damage stats and AP points.
- Point System - The points are measured on a scale that ranges from Critical, Bad, Good, Excellent, Faithful and average being at 0. The status of your Loyalty Points can be checked on at anytime from the Heroes' pages.
Morality in King Arthur: Knight's Tale
The Morality Chart is a system in the game that is affected by your collection of Heroes at the Round Table as well as the decisions you make during Events. They are sorted on a chart that would range from Rightful to Tyrant, Old-Faith to Christian. Refusing to align with a faith or make obvious moral choices will keep you Neutral. Aligning with a morality can unlock certain features and scenarios such as recruiting new Heroes, discover new branches of Skills, and even gain access to new management actions within Camelot. This includes the Decrees and Laws that can be passed to receive additional bonuses. Apart from that, your morality also influences the loyalty and the standing of your comrades. Some Heroes may work with you if you are doing well, and some might even leave the Round Table due to your unruly ways.
King arthur knights? what platform is this on?