New Player Help for King Arthur: Knight's Tale covers various information that will help a player understand the basics of the game's mechanics as well as recommended things to do before starting the game. The purpose of this page is to help both new and veteran players of Turn-Based Tactical, RPG to further understand the game and to know what it has to offer.
- Walkthrough: A detailed guide of the game's main story.
- Controls: Covers the details of the basic layout of the controller for all platforms.
- Skills: Learn about the various weapon skills that can be unlocked for the Heroes.
- Combat: Provides information on the basic and advanced combat system of King Arthur: Knight's Tale.
- Equipment & Magic: Lists all available gear players can find throughout the world, as well as craftable gear.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale New Player Help
Every Hero has a Loyalty Chart which represents their commitment to their leader, Sir Mordred. If Sir Mordred's (Morality) alignment is similar to a hero's alignment, then the hero will receive bonuses, if not, the hero will suffer penalties. If Mordred becomes the very thing the Hero stands against, they will leave your service forever.
Your Heroes receive two Skill Points each time they level up. You can spend your SP on Masteries to enhance your existing abilities or new passive Skills. You can gain additional Active skills by unlocking higher skill Tiers.
- Vitality: Determines the actual health of a Hero or Enemy. The damage you can take before dying.
- Hit Points: Secondary health where a hero can take damage before taking Vitality damage.
- Armour: Armour decreases the damage received. This determines how much damage you can lessen before receiving the true amount of damage from an attack.
- Action Points: This determines the number of actions you can execute per turn.
- Base Damage: The damage dealt by basic attacks. This value is determined by the weapon equipped by the hero.
- Block: Protection against frontal damage. This stat is only applicable to the Defender class. The value determines the amount of damage that can be blocked when they use their shield to occasionally block attacks.
- Physical Resistance: Additional protection against physical attacks from enemies. The value is determined depending on the equipped Armour or Trinkets, as well as unlocked Skills and Masteries.
- Mental Resistance: Additional protection against magical attacks from enemies. The value is determined depending on the equipped Armour or Trinkets, as well as unlocked Skills and Masteries.
- Injury Counter: Determines how many physical injuries can be negated by a hero.
- Curse Counter: Determines how many curses can be negated by a hero.
During your journey, you'll have to make tough choices that will affect the outcome of the story and your allied Heroes' loyalty.
On the left-hand side of the chart, you can see your previous Morality Event choices. It gives you an overview of which alignment or decision you chose during triggered events.
Morality Chart Tree
On the right-hand side of the chart, you'll find a tree that represents the alignment you are going for and the different features that you can unlock along the way. You can discover morality abilities, and Heroes that are unique to that alignment.
As you begin the game, Sir Mordred starts off with a Neutral alignment. On the vertical axis, your alignment can go from being a Rightful ruler to a reckless Tyrant, while on the horizontal axis, you can become a devout Christian to being the follower of the Old Faith. The choice is yours in King Arthur: Knight's Tale.